Android/mobile question

Davidson, Jerry
If you build an application for the phone, do you have to use tables to position things or can you use CSS or is there a third method?  I ask because I'm in a VB.Net class and the teacher said only tables will work and that doesn't sound right to me.

TIA

Re: Android/mobile question

Jake Churchill-2
Definitely not right.  You just gotta keep in mind that that there are LOTS
of sizes for android devices so your sizes should be percent based.

CSS will work fine.  I'm not sure what you're talking about with tables,
assuming a flex grid or html table?

With HTML, most everything uses CSS, with Flex, I use percentage based
sizing for most items.

-Jake

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Davidson, Jerry <[hidden email]
> wrote:

>  If you build an application for the phone, do you have to use tables to
> position things or can you use CSS or is there a third method?  I ask
> because I’m in a VB.Net class and the teacher said only tables will work
> and that doesn’t sound right to me.
>

> TIA

RE: Android/mobile question

Davidson, Jerry
Thanks.  It didn't sound right to me.

Re: Android/mobile question

quintje87
In android, positions are sometes based on other objects on your screen.  You have to be carefull though because if you have a view, and remove an object from that view, the position of things become unpredictable.  Grouping objects is a good idea.