Apple Mobile App

Jake Churchill-2
Guys,

I just submitted an update (bug fixes) to an iOS flex mobile app and I got
this email back saying:

*Missing Push Notification Entitlement* - Your app appears to include API
used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app
signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement.
If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID
is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit
after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that
includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. See "Provisioning and
Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming
Guide<https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/RemoteNotificationsPG/ProvisioningDevelopment/ProvisioningDevelopment.html>
for
more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification
service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future
submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you
may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.

I am not intentionally adding anything and we are not doing any push
notifications.  I get this message when compiling with both flashbuilder
4.6 and 4.7.  Here's the iPhone seciton of the app.xml file (company name
changed for security):

<iPhone>
        <InfoAdditions><![CDATA[
<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
<array>
<string>1</string>
<string>2</string>
</array>
<key>UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend</key>
            <false/>
            <key>CFBundlePrimaryIcon</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CFBundleIconFiles</key>
        <array>
            <string>com/company_name/assets/app_icons/icon_128.png</string>
        </array>
        <key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>
<key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key>
<true/>
]]></InfoAdditions>
        <requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>
    </iPhone>

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Jake

Re: Apple Mobile App

Dave Cates-4
You can safely ignore that :)

On 28 March 2013 23:52, Jake Churchill <[hidden email]> wrote:

> **
>

> Guys,
>
> I just submitted an update (bug fixes) to an iOS flex mobile app and I got
> this email back saying:
>
> *Missing Push Notification Entitlement* - Your app appears to include API
> used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app
> signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement.
> If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID
> is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit
> after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that
> includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. See "Provisioning and
> Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide<https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/RemoteNotificationsPG/ProvisioningDevelopment/ProvisioningDevelopment.html> for
> more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification
> service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future
> submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you
> may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.
>
> I am not intentionally adding anything and we are not doing any push
> notifications.  I get this message when compiling with both flashbuilder
> 4.6 and 4.7.  Here's the iPhone seciton of the app.xml file (company name
> changed for security):
>
> <iPhone>
>         <InfoAdditions><![CDATA[
>  <key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
> <array>
>  <string>1</string>
> <string>2</string>
>  </array>
> <key>UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend</key>
>             <false/>
>             <key>CFBundlePrimaryIcon</key>
>     <dict>
>         <key>CFBundleIconFiles</key>
>         <array>
>
>  <string>com/company_name/assets/app_icons/icon_128.png</string>
>         </array>
>         <key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key>
>         <true/>
>     </dict>
> <key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key>
>  <true/>
> ]]></InfoAdditions>
>         <requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>
>     </iPhone>
>
> Any help is very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Jake

Re: Apple Mobile App

t4ljay
I got the same warning from Apple. Felt better when I found the
following on an Adobe forum:

"Feb 26, 2013 8:39 PM in reply to juvelez </message/5104592#5104592>
</message-abuse%21input.jspa?objectID=5105994&objectType=2>Hello Everyone,
Please don't worry about these automated warnings, these are harmless,
it doesn't cause any app rejection. We're working on a fix to avoid the
warnings though. Currently Runtime by default uses few notificaiton APIs
internally even if the application doesn't make use of AS APIs, hence
we're putting in a fix to not use them unless application make use of
the notification feature.
-Thanks
Pahup
Adobe AIR Team"