Flash Builder Debugger Crashing

cuttenv-2
Hello, yesterday I updated my mac os x Java to the latest version. Things were working fine but today all hell has broken loose. My Flash Builder debugger just won't run anymore. When I try to add a break point I get a null pointer exception.

I am using Flash Builder Plugin Version 4.0.1 build 277662
Eclipse 3.5.2.M20100211-1343

Here is the Eclipse Error:

Message:
Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug".

Exception Stack Trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.findSourceFiles(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:412)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.instantiate(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:465)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.instantiateBreakpoint(FlexDebugTarget.java:1012)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.access$4(FlexDebugTarget.java:1006)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.installDeferredBreakpoints(FlexDebugTarget.java:637)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.advanceStateMachine(FlexDebugTarget.java:668)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.access$7(FlexDebugTarget.java:642)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread$1.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:752)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.eventLoop(FlexDebugTarget.java:732)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:793)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Session Data:
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_22
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws carbon -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Re: Flash Builder Debugger Crashing

cuttenv-2
Also it seems like Eclipse is no longer recognizing external libraries that I added to my class path...

--- In [hidden email], "cuttenv" <cuttenv@...> wrote:

> Hello, yesterday I updated my mac os x Java to the latest version. Things were working fine but today all hell has broken loose. My Flash Builder debugger just won't run anymore. When I try to add a break point I get a null pointer exception.
>
> I am using Flash Builder Plugin Version 4.0.1 build 277662
> Eclipse 3.5.2.M20100211-1343
>
> Here is the Eclipse Error:
>
> Message:
> Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug".
>
> Exception Stack Trace:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.findSourceFiles(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:412)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.instantiate(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:465)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.instantiateBreakpoint(FlexDebugTarget.java:1012)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.access$4(FlexDebugTarget.java:1006)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.installDeferredBreakpoints(FlexDebugTarget.java:637)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.advanceStateMachine(FlexDebugTarget.java:668)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.access$7(FlexDebugTarget.java:642)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread$1.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:752)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.eventLoop(FlexDebugTarget.java:732)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:793)
>
> Session Data:
> eclipse.buildId=unknown
> java.version=1.6.0_22
> java.vendor=Apple Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
> Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
> Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws carbon -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Re: Flash Builder Debugger Crashing

cuttenv-2
I guess I will have to reinstall eclipse and flash builder... I hope that fixes the problem
--- In [hidden email], "cuttenv" <cuttenv@...> wrote:

> Hello, yesterday I updated my mac os x Java to the latest version. Things were working fine but today all hell has broken loose. My Flash Builder debugger just won't run anymore. When I try to add a break point I get a null pointer exception.
>
> I am using Flash Builder Plugin Version 4.0.1 build 277662
> Eclipse 3.5.2.M20100211-1343
>
> Here is the Eclipse Error:
>
> Message:
> Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug".
>
> Exception Stack Trace:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.findSourceFiles(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:412)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.instantiate(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:465)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.instantiateBreakpoint(FlexDebugTarget.java:1012)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.access$4(FlexDebugTarget.java:1006)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.installDeferredBreakpoints(FlexDebugTarget.java:637)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.advanceStateMachine(FlexDebugTarget.java:668)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.access$7(FlexDebugTarget.java:642)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread$1.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:752)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.eventLoop(FlexDebugTarget.java:732)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:793)
>
> Session Data:
> eclipse.buildId=unknown
> java.version=1.6.0_22
> java.vendor=Apple Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
> Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
> Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws carbon -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Re: Flash Builder Debugger Crashing

cuttenv-2
Seems pretty ridiculous that upgrading my java would destroy my flex debugger...

--- In [hidden email], "cuttenv" <cuttenv@...> wrote:

> Hello, yesterday I updated my mac os x Java to the latest version. Things were working fine but today all hell has broken loose. My Flash Builder debugger just won't run anymore. When I try to add a break point I get a null pointer exception.
>
> I am using Flash Builder Plugin Version 4.0.1 build 277662
> Eclipse 3.5.2.M20100211-1343
>
> Here is the Eclipse Error:
>
> Message:
> Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug".
>
> Exception Stack Trace:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.findSourceFiles(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:412)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.instantiate(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:465)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.instantiateBreakpoint(FlexDebugTarget.java:1012)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.access$4(FlexDebugTarget.java:1006)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.installDeferredBreakpoints(FlexDebugTarget.java:637)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.advanceStateMachine(FlexDebugTarget.java:668)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.access$7(FlexDebugTarget.java:642)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread$1.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:752)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.eventLoop(FlexDebugTarget.java:732)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:793)
>
> Session Data:
> eclipse.buildId=unknown
> java.version=1.6.0_22
> java.vendor=Apple Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
> Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
> Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws carbon -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Re: Re: Flash Builder Debugger Crashing

Brendan Meutzner
Updated the JVM earlier today and now FlexBuilder won't even start...
period...

Did you find success by re-installing it?

Brendan

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 5:39 PM, cuttenv <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Seems pretty ridiculous that upgrading my java would destroy my flex
> debugger...
>

> --- In [hidden email], "cuttenv" <cuttenv@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, yesterday I updated my mac os x Java to the latest version. Things
> were working fine but today all hell has broken loose. My Flash Builder
> debugger just won't run anymore. When I try to add a break point I get a
> null pointer exception.
> >
> > I am using Flash Builder Plugin Version 4.0.1 build 277662
> > Eclipse 3.5.2.M20100211-1343
> >
> > Here is the Eclipse Error:
> >
> > Message:
> > Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in:
> "com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug".
> >
> > Exception Stack Trace:
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > at
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.findSourceFiles(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:412)
> > at
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.instantiate(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:465)
> > at
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.instantiateBreakpoint(FlexDebugTarget.java:1012)
> > at
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.access$4(FlexDebugTarget.java:1006)
> > at
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.installDeferredBreakpoints(FlexDebugTarget.java:637)
> > at
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.advanceStateMachine(FlexDebugTarget.java:668)
> > at
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.access$7(FlexDebugTarget.java:642)
> > at
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread$1.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:752)
> > at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
> > at
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.eventLoop(FlexDebugTarget.java:732)
> > at
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:793)
> >
> > Session Data:
> > eclipse.buildId=unknown
> > java.version=1.6.0_22
> > java.vendor=Apple Inc.
> > BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
> > Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
> -keyring /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
> > Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws carbon -arch x86 -product
> org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring
> /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Re: Flash Builder Debugger Crashing

cuttenv-2
Glad to know I'm not the only one in this boat. I wish someone would help us. I haven't tried re-installing yet. I am going to download everything I need first. I was waiting to see if someone would respond with an answer. I think there maybe an issue with the symbolic links? but I'm not sure. Let me know if you have any success I'd all report back here if I find a solution.
Thanks!

--- In [hidden email], Brendan Meutzner <bmeutzner@...> wrote:

> [...]
> > > at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
> > > at
> > com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.eventLoop(FlexDebugTarget.java:732)
> > > at
> > com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:793)
> > > at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
> > >
> > > Session Data:
> > > eclipse.buildId=unknown
> > > java.version=1.6.0_22
> > > java.vendor=Apple Inc.
> > > BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
> > > Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
> > -keyring /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
> > > Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws carbon -arch x86 -product
> > org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring
> > /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Problems with IE

lee-25
The app I am working on is a fairly large PureMVC based app. I have 2
bugs revolving around IE8.

One seems to be focus manager/tabIndex based where the tab focus goes
out to the address bar in the browser, even though the focus within the
app does shift properly.

The second one involves the loading of a displayObject at the initial
load of the app. Seems any interaction with the app (resize, button
click)  triggers the load, but if it sits, no load.

Does anyone have a concise explanation of the differences between
flashplayer for IE and for other browsers? If I can narrow down the
differences, I think the debug will go easier.

Thanks in advance!

lk

Re: Problems with IE

Alex Harui
Flex has special handling for IE with regard to focus.  You can set focusManager.browserMode=false to turn it off.

Not sure about the second one.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe System, Inc.
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

Re: Problems with IE

cuttenv-2
Hey Alex,
Can you help me with my issue? I just uninstalled eclipse with the flash builder plugin, because after I updated my java (using apple software update tool) the flash builder debugger didn't work. I downloaded the standalone version of flash builder hoping that would at least work. But still it doesn't work. Here is java error eclipse keeps throwing
An internal error occurred during: "Adding breakpoint".
java.lang.NullPointerException
Thanks

--- In [hidden email], Alex Harui <aharui@...> wrote:

> Flex has special handling for IE with regard to focus.  You can set focusManager.browserMode=false to turn it off.
>
> Not sure about the second one.
>

> On 2/27/11 8:36 AM, "Lee Kulberda" <lee@...> wrote:
>

> The app I am working on is a fairly large PureMVC based app. I have 2
> bugs revolving around IE8.
>
> One seems to be focus manager/tabIndex based where the tab focus goes
> out to the address bar in the browser, even though the focus within the
> app does shift properly.
>
> The second one involves the loading of a displayObject at the initial
> load of the app. Seems any interaction with the app (resize, button
> click)  triggers the load, but if it sits, no load.
>
> Does anyone have a concise explanation of the differences between
> flashplayer for IE and for other browsers? If I can narrow down the
> differences, I think the debug will go easier.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> lk
>

> --
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Team
> Adobe System, Inc.
> http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

Re: Problems with IE

cuttenv-2
If I figure out how to change the installed jdk back to the previous version this should fix everything correct? Could I download a separate version for eclipse to use?

--- In [hidden email], "cuttenv" <cuttenv@...> wrote:

> Hey Alex,
> Can you help me with my issue? I just uninstalled eclipse with the flash builder plugin, because after I updated my java (using apple software update tool) the flash builder debugger didn't work. I downloaded the standalone version of flash builder hoping that would at least work. But still it doesn't work. Here is java error eclipse keeps throwing
> An internal error occurred during: "Adding breakpoint".
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> Thanks
>

> --- In [hidden email], Alex Harui <aharui@> wrote:
> >
> > Flex has special handling for IE with regard to focus.  You can set focusManager.browserMode=false to turn it off.
> >
> > Not sure about the second one.
> >

> > On 2/27/11 8:36 AM, "Lee Kulberda" <lee@> wrote:
> >

> > The app I am working on is a fairly large PureMVC based app. I have 2
> > bugs revolving around IE8.
> >
> > One seems to be focus manager/tabIndex based where the tab focus goes
> > out to the address bar in the browser, even though the focus within the
> > app does shift properly.
> >
> > The second one involves the loading of a displayObject at the initial
> > load of the app. Seems any interaction with the app (resize, button
> > click)  triggers the load, but if it sits, no load.
> >
> > Does anyone have a concise explanation of the differences between
> > flashplayer for IE and for other browsers? If I can narrow down the
> > differences, I think the debug will go easier.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > lk
> >

> > --
> > Alex Harui
> > Flex SDK Team
> > Adobe System, Inc.
> > http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

RE: Re: Problems with IE

Alex Harui
I would ask on the Flash Builder forum.  I also think you hijacked this thread (hopefully accidentally).

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Developer
Adobe Systems Inc.<http://www.adobe.com/>

--- In [hidden email]<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, "cuttenv" <cuttenv@...> wrote:

> Hey Alex,
> Can you help me with my issue? I just uninstalled eclipse with the flash builder plugin, because after I updated my java (using apple software update tool) the flash builder debugger didn't work. I downloaded the standalone version of flash builder hoping that would at least work. But still it doesn't work. Here is java error eclipse keeps throwing
> An internal error occurred during: "Adding breakpoint".
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> Thanks
>

> --- In [hidden email]<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, Alex Harui <aharui@> wrote:
> >
> > Flex has special handling for IE with regard to focus. You can set focusManager.browserMode=false to turn it off.
> >
> > Not sure about the second one.
> >

> > On 2/27/11 8:36 AM, "Lee Kulberda" <lee@> wrote:
> >

> > The app I am working on is a fairly large PureMVC based app. I have 2
> > bugs revolving around IE8.
> >
> > One seems to be focus manager/tabIndex based where the tab focus goes
> > out to the address bar in the browser, even though the focus within the
> > app does shift properly.
> >
> > The second one involves the loading of a displayObject at the initial
> > load of the app. Seems any interaction with the app (resize, button
> > click) triggers the load, but if it sits, no load.
> >
> > Does anyone have a concise explanation of the differences between
> > flashplayer for IE and for other browsers? If I can narrow down the
> > differences, I think the debug will go easier.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > lk
> >

> > --
> > Alex Harui
> > Flex SDK Team
> > Adobe System, Inc.
> > http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

Re: Problems with IE

cuttenv-2
Hi Alex,
I'm not sure if there is something wrong with my yahoo groups page but it's showing Lee's post as a response to my original thread. So to me it looks the other way around. Not really sure what happened there. Thanks... I'll check the flash builder forum.

--- In [hidden email], Alex Harui <aharui@...> wrote:

> I would ask on the Flash Builder forum.  I also think you hijacked this thread (hopefully accidentally).
>
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Developer
> Adobe Systems Inc.<http://www.adobe.com/>

Brendan,
I tried re-installing flex/flash builder and even reinstalled the operating system and didn't update java. I still get the error with break points. I posted on the adobe flash builder forums and didn't get much a response. I think it may be a conflict with my subversion b/c I am getting some errors there. Though The real issue is the break points for me.

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.findSourceFiles(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:412)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.instantiate(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:465)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.instantiateBreakpoint(FlexDebugTarget.java:1012)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.access$4(FlexDebugTarget.java:1006)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$1.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:1054)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

--- In [hidden email], "cuttenv" <cuttenv@...> wrote:

> Glad to know I'm not the only one in this boat. I wish someone would help us. I haven't tried re-installing yet. I am going to download everything I need first. I was waiting to see if someone would respond with an answer. I think there maybe an issue with the symbolic links? but I'm not sure. Let me know if you have any success I'd all report back here if I find a solution.
> Thanks!
>
> --- In [hidden email], Brendan Meutzner <bmeutzner@> wrote:
> >
> > Updated the JVM earlier today and now FlexBuilder won't even start...
> > period...
> >
> > Did you find success by re-installing it?
> >

> > Brendan
> >

> > On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 5:39 PM, cuttenv <cuttenv@> wrote:
> >

> > > Seems pretty ridiculous that upgrading my java would destroy my flex
> > > debugger...

> > > were working fine but today all hell has broken loose. My Flash Builder
> > > debugger just won't run anymore. When I try to add a break point I get a
> > > null pointer exception.

> > > "com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug".

> > > com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.findSourceFiles(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:412)
> > > com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.instantiate(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:465)
> > > com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.instantiateBreakpoint(FlexDebugTarget.java:1012)
> > > com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.access$4(FlexDebugTarget.java:1006)
> > > com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.installDeferredBreakpoints(FlexDebugTarget.java:637)
> > > com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.advanceStateMachine(FlexDebugTarget.java:668)
> > > com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.access$7(FlexDebugTarget.java:642)
> > > com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread$1.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:752)
> > > com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.eventLoop(FlexDebugTarget.java:732)
> > > com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:793)

> > > -keyring /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
> > > org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring
> > > /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Re: Re: Flash Builder Debugger Crashing

Brendan Meutzner
I got around this by modifying the FlexBuilder.ini file... have you tried
this?  However, before figuring this out, I finally migrated over to
FlashBuilder for development...  I had been holding off because of a bug on
release builds and not wanting to setup ANT builds for the mxmlc compiler.

However, I then discovered a further bug with FlashBuilder/ColdFusion
builder installation which doesn't run RDS and CF debugging properly, so
went back and figured out the FlexBuilder issue to get it to load up again.

Anyway, long story short, check the settings in the ini file, and tweak them
until you can get it to run.

Brendan

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 2:35 AM, cuttenv <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > > >
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.instantiateBreakpoint(FlexDebugTarget.java:1012)
> > > >
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.access$4(FlexDebugTarget.java:1006)
> > > >
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.installDeferredBreakpoints(FlexDebugTarget.java:637)
> > > >
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.advanceStateMachine(FlexDebugTarget.java:668)
> > > >
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.access$7(FlexDebugTarget.java:642)
> > > >
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread$1.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:752)
> > > >
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.eventLoop(FlexDebugTarget.java:732)
> > > >
> com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:793)

fonzibruno
I am wondering if you have tried FDT already and have the same issue.
http://fdt.powerflasher.com/

I would be very interested to have the feedback, this way we could find out if it is a Flash Player or generic Eclipse issue.

Cheers,
Bruno

--- In [hidden email], "cuttenv" <cuttenv@...> wrote:

> Brendan,
> I tried re-installing flex/flash builder and even reinstalled the operating system and didn't update java. I still get the error with break points. I posted on the adobe flash builder forums and didn't get much a response. I think it may be a conflict with my subversion b/c I am getting some errors there. Though The real issue is the break points for me.
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.findSourceFiles(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:412)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.instantiate(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:465)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.instantiateBreakpoint(FlexDebugTarget.java:1012)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.access$4(FlexDebugTarget.java:1006)
> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$1.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:1054)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
>

> --- In [hidden email], "cuttenv" <cuttenv@> wrote:
> >
> > Glad to know I'm not the only one in this boat. I wish someone would help us. I haven't tried re-installing yet. I am going to download everything I need first. I was waiting to see if someone would respond with an answer. I think there maybe an issue with the symbolic links? but I'm not sure. Let me know if you have any success I'd all report back here if I find a solution.
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --- In [hidden email], Brendan Meutzner <bmeutzner@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Updated the JVM earlier today and now FlexBuilder won't even start...
> > > period...
> > >
> > > Did you find success by re-installing it?
> > >

> > > Brendan

Re: Flash Builder Debugger Crashing

cuttenv-2
It's happening in an AS3 project. The Flex projects seem to run okay.
--- In [hidden email], "fonzibruno" <fonzibruno@...> wrote:

> I am wondering if you have tried FDT already and have the same issue.
> http://fdt.powerflasher.com/
>
> I would be very interested to have the feedback, this way we could find out if it is a Flash Player or generic Eclipse issue.
>
> Cheers,
> Bruno
>
> --- In [hidden email], "cuttenv" <cuttenv@> wrote:
> >
> > Brendan,
> > I tried re-installing flex/flash builder and even reinstalled the operating system and didn't update java. I still get the error with break points. I posted on the adobe flash builder forums and didn't get much a response. I think it may be a conflict with my subversion b/c I am getting some errors there. Though The real issue is the break points for me.
> >
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.findSourceFiles(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:412)
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.instantiate(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:465)
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.instantiateBreakpoint(FlexDebugTarget.java:1012)
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.access$4(FlexDebugTarget.java:1006)
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$1.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:1054)
> > at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
> >

> > --- In [hidden email], "cuttenv" <cuttenv@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Glad to know I'm not the only one in this boat. I wish someone would help us. I haven't tried re-installing yet. I am going to download everything I need first. I was waiting to see if someone would respond with an answer. I think there maybe an issue with the symbolic links? but I'm not sure. Let me know if you have any success I'd all report back here if I find a solution.
> > > Thanks!

Re: Re: Flash Builder Debugger Crashing

grimmwerks
Are you on a mac?

You should open Java Preferences and drag 32bit above 64bit.

On Feb 26, 2011, at 9:01 PM, Brendan Meutzner wrote:

> Updated the JVM earlier today and now FlexBuilder won't even start... period...
>
> Did you find success by re-installing it?
>

> Brendan
>

> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 5:39 PM, cuttenv <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Seems pretty ridiculous that upgrading my java would destroy my flex debugger...
>

> --- In [hidden email], "cuttenv" <cuttenv@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, yesterday I updated my mac os x Java to the latest version. Things were working fine but today all hell has broken loose. My Flash Builder debugger just won't run anymore. When I try to add a break point I get a null pointer exception.
> >
> > I am using Flash Builder Plugin Version 4.0.1 build 277662
> > Eclipse 3.5.2.M20100211-1343
> >
> > Here is the Eclipse Error:
> >
> > Message:
> > Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug".
> >
> > Exception Stack Trace:
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.findSourceFiles(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:412)
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.instantiate(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:465)
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.instantiateBreakpoint(FlexDebugTarget.java:1012)
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.access$4(FlexDebugTarget.java:1006)
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.installDeferredBreakpoints(FlexDebugTarget.java:637)
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.advanceStateMachine(FlexDebugTarget.java:668)
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.access$7(FlexDebugTarget.java:642)
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread$1.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:752)
> > at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.eventLoop(FlexDebugTarget.java:732)
> > at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$FdbThread.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:793)
> >
> > Session Data:
> > eclipse.buildId=unknown
> > java.version=1.6.0_22
> > java.vendor=Apple Inc.
> > BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
> > Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
> > Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws carbon -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -keyring /Users/phoenixage/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Garry Schafer
grimmwerks
[hidden email]
portfolio: www.grimmwerks.com/

Re: Re: Flash Builder Debugger Crashing

grimmwerks

If on a mac - open up Java Preferences in Utilities and rearrange 32bit so it's above 64bit.

On Mar 11, 2011, at 3:45 PM, cuttenv wrote:

> It's happening in an AS3 project. The Flex projects seem to run okay.
> --- In [hidden email], "fonzibruno" <fonzibruno@...> wrote:
>>
>> I am wondering if you have tried FDT already and have the same issue.
>> http://fdt.powerflasher.com/
>>
>> I would be very interested to have the feedback, this way we could find out if it is a Flash Player or generic Eclipse issue.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Bruno
>>
>> --- In [hidden email], "cuttenv" <cuttenv@> wrote:
>>>
>>> Brendan,
>>> I tried re-installing flex/flash builder and even reinstalled the operating system and didn't update java. I still get the error with break points. I posted on the adobe flash builder forums and didn't get much a response. I think it may be a conflict with my subversion b/c I am getting some errors there. Though The real issue is the break points for me.
>>>
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.findSourceFiles(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:412)
>>> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.instantiate(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:465)
>>> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.instantiateBreakpoint(FlexDebugTarget.java:1012)
>>> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget.access$4(FlexDebugTarget.java:1006)
>>> at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.model.FlexDebugTarget$1.run(FlexDebugTarget.java:1054)
>>> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Garry Schafer
grimmwerks
[hidden email]
portfolio: www.grimmwerks.com/

Re: Flash Builder Debugger Crashing

NGaurav
Just check the build. If you use ANT build, ensure that the debug is enabled.