[Flex 2] The speed of adding/moving nodes in a tree decreases with more complica

[Flex 2] The speed of adding/moving nodes in a tree decreases with more complica

box110a
I have a tree that is populated with an object graph from FDS. Drag
and Move is enabled on the tree. I have a TreeDataDescriptor with an
"addChildAt" method implemented. Whenever I modify the "parent" or the
"newChild" object inside of this method, the tree fires off some
event, which takes longer and longer depending on how many nodes are
in the tree. This really slows down the addition/moving of nodes.

Question: What is adding these event listeners?  What do they do? How
do I identify them and how do I prevent them from getting added?

The Tree has mixed object types but they are all subclasses of one
object.  All Children of each Node returns an ArrayCollection. Has
anybody run into this problem? Let me know if you need code?

Thanks,
JB

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: [Flex 2] The speed of adding/moving nodes in a tree decreases with more comp

box110a
After a fresh cup of joe, I think I've figured it out. Because I've
retrieved the underlying object graph from FDS, it is still under the
control of the DataService's propertyChange event. This gets fired
everytime a property changes in the tree. The solution is to call
DataService.releaseItem(Tree's DataProvider) before you manipulate it.

Now, when I save the changes to the tree, I'll just make the FDS call
to get the object graph, then re-assign it to the object graph from
the tree. I'll also need to check the row version to see if anybody
else has modified the object.

--- In [hidden email], "box110a" <jonathanbmail-flash@...>