Getting a reliable MAC address/ UID for a machine

Getting a reliable MAC address/ UID for a machine

doug31415
Hi Guys

Im trying to get a reliable UID for a machine. I can call NetworkInfo.networkInfo.findInterfaces() and I get a bunch of stuff that looks like this:

        Name: {69138DF2-AB57-4755-A00C-BDCE909BBF30}
 DisplayName: Wireless Network Connection
         MTU: 1500
HardwareAddr: B8-76-3....
      Active: true

        Name: {C57BEFB1-0B32-4653-853D-2A5690760716}
 DisplayName: Local Area Connection
         MTU: 1500
HardwareAddr: 74-......

The problem is this: the 'name' property appears to vary from machine type to machine type - that is, Dells use a different string than Lenovos for example, and the 'displayName' property also varies from language to language.

So the question is, how can I find some unique identifier for a machine? Do I need to generate it myself?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer