How to add comma separated mobile numbers in TO address of Message?

How to add comma separated mobile numbers in TO address of Message?

Saju Thankathurai
Hi All,

I have developed a Flex mobile application using Flex 4.6 sdk. Its a
Contact manager application. I have given additional functionality to the
Employee contact manager sample app of Adobe.

I am facing an issue while sending a group message.

I have a xml file to store user data. Later i use sqlite db to read and
store the xml data into the dataBase.

I have a requirement, If we click on a menu item, Message box should be
opened and all the mobile numbers should be populated in the TO address.

So i have a menuItem

*<s:viewMenuItems>*
* <s:ViewMenuItem id="grpeMsgMenu" label="Group Msg"
click="grpeMsgMenu_clickHandler(event)"/>*
* </s:viewMenuItems>*

On click of this,,

public function grpeMsgMenu_clickHandler():void
 {
 var groupSmsString:String = "";
 // TODO Auto-generated method stub
var phoneCollection:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection();
phoneCollection = srv.populatePhoneNumbersForGroupMsg("group");
 if(phoneCollection != null)
{
for(var i:int = 0 ; i < phoneCollection.length ; i++)
 {
if(i == phoneCollection.length-1)//means last record is going to insert, So
dont append comma
 {
groupSmsString += phoneCollection[i];
}
 else
{
groupSmsString += phoneCollection[i] + ",";
 }
}
}else
 {
//Phone arrayCollection is null.
groupSmsString = "";
 }
if(groupSmsString != "")
navigateToURL(new URLRequest("sms:"+encodeURIComponent(groupSmsString)));
 trace(groupSmsString);
}

Where srv is the DAO class, It calls the method, Executes the query and
returns all the phone numbers from the .db file.

Finally the groupSmsString holds the value as [*
+919223454345,+919565678876,+9192233223344,+919122221111*] and so on

So i have comma separated values to be passed to the TO field of SMS.

The problem is in the TO field of message, the groupSmsString is not coming
as comma separated, rather it is coming as
*+919223454345+919565678876+9192233223344+919122221111
   *
*
*
This problem is observed in LG Optimus mobile. But strangely it is working
fine in Sony Xperia.

I spent many times in tracing the issue, by
1.replacing encodeURIComponent with encodeURI,
2.without using  encodeURIComponent and encodeURI
3.passing %2c instead of comma..

But could not succeed.

Can any one help me on this issue?
--

Regards
Saju Thankathurai,

*"We **cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great
love"*
*-Mother Teresa (1910-1997)*

Re: How to add comma separated mobile numbers in TO address of Message?

Saju Thankathurai
Can some one please help me on this issue...
On 13 Jun 2013 07:02, "Saju Thankathurai" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>    *
> *
> *
> This problem is observed in LG Optimus mobile. But strangely it is working
> fine in Sony Xperia.
>
> I spent many times in tracing the issue, by
> 1.replacing encodeURIComponent with encodeURI,
> 2.without using  encodeURIComponent and encodeURI
> 3.passing %2c instead of comma..
>
> But could not succeed.
>
> Can any one help me on this issue?
> --
>
> Regards
> Saju Thankathurai,
>
> *"We **cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great
> love"*
> *-Mother Teresa (1910-1997)*

Re: How to add comma separated mobile numbers in TO address of Message?

tgi_3

YE

Enviado desde mi HTC

> [...]

>    *
> *
> *
> This problem is observed in LG Optimus mobile. But strangely it is working
> fine in Sony Xperia.
>
> I spent many times in tracing the issue, by
> 1.replacing encodeURIComponent with encodeURI,
> 2.without using  encodeURIComponent and encodeURI
> 3.passing %2c instead of comma..
>
> But could not succeed.
>
> Can any one help me on this issue?
> --
>
> Regards
> Saju Thankathurai,
>
> *"We **cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great
> love"*
> *-Mother Teresa (1910-1997)*

Re: How to add comma separated mobile numbers in TO address of Message?

Hi flex team,

Please help me on this...