In-house Online Training Solution

Paulo Zanetti
Hi,

I'm novice, looking again to Flex after some years developing other things, using other tools.

Today my challenge is to develop a small, in-house online training for my company, only using open-source tools.

Few year ago, I think the natural path to explore was searching for stuff like Adobe Flex, Blaze DS, Flash Media Server and so on.

And now? Which tools should I learn in order to achive my goal?

Can I use Apache Flex, BlazeDS, Red5 Media Server? Are there better tools?

Do anyone have some experience developing this kind of application? Share thoughts?

The only restriction: I need to use only open-source tools.

Help me?

Thanks in advance,

-- Paulo Zanetti.

Re: In-house Online Training Solution

Johannes Nel
Red 5 can function as a drop replacement for Media Server, at the same time
it allows functions as an amf server (so you won't need blaze). I have not
used Red5 in a long time (note to self go see what the 1.0 release they
just did looks like). Red5 uses Spring quite heavily (once again have not
looked at it in years) and a familiarity with spring would be quite handy.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Paulo Zanetti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> **
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm novice, looking again to Flex after some years developing other
> things, using other tools.
>
> Today my challenge is to develop a small, in-house online training for my
> company, only using open-source tools.
>
> Few year ago, I think the natural path to explore was searching for stuff
> like Adobe Flex, Blaze DS, Flash Media Server and so on.
>
> And now? Which tools should I learn in order to achive my goal?
>
> Can I use Apache Flex, BlazeDS, Red5 Media Server? Are there better tools?
>
> Do anyone have some experience developing this kind of application? Share
> thoughts?
>
> The only restriction: I need to use only open-source tools.
>
> Help me?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> -- Paulo Zanetti.

RE: In-house Online Training Solution

[...]