Mate dispatchEvent() - "Call to possibly undefined method dispatchEvent"

Mate dispatchEvent() - "Call to possibly undefined method dispatchEvent"

Nolan Erck
Hi all,

I'm working on a Mate app.  Recently I had to "upgrade" to Flash Builder
4.7.  Now when I go to compile the app, I'm getting the warning "Call to
possibly undefined method dispatchEvent" any time I have code like so:

dispatchEvent(new Event('engineerChanged'));

This code all worked fine before the upgrade. However now it appears as if
these Events are indeed NOT being dispatched, at least not in the release
build. In Debug, it all works fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nolan

RE: Mate dispatchEvent() - "Call to possibly undefined method dispatchEvent"

diamondscheduler
Which SDK are you using. I've used Mate for a long time without problems. I assume this is within a UIComponent and it's not an issue of not using dispatcher.dispatchEvent(....

RE: Mate dispatchEvent() - "Call to possibly undefined method dispatchEvent"

Nolan Erck
Looks like this was actually an issue with how one of the MainEventMap
config settings was wired up. It's fixed now.

Thanks,
Nolan