Prob With Remoteobject Timeout in FlexClient -

Prob With Remoteobject Timeout in FlexClient -

GnanaPrakash .T
Hi All,

How to change the default Client Timeout in BlazeDS -Remoteobject
AMFChannel?

We are developing an Application in Flex, we are using the
Remoteobject concept to call backend method,
in that method we are doing some database related manipulation
operations,it will take 3 to 20 minutes approximately.
What happening here is remote calling is made successfully and the
operations are running perfectly in java side,
but the 5 th minute from the remoteobject call is made,the control is
returned to flex client[as fault event] and it executing the fault
event handler method,
though operation is not finished in backend side[its still running]

how to override this 5 minute timeout to custom time (in my case its
~50 minutes)

Please help me out this Friends This  is very urgent

the mesage i'm getting in Faultevent
(mx.messaging.messages::ErrorMessage)#0
body = (Object)#1
clientId = (null)
correlationId = "D7300EA9-2865-17DF-7157-B411C50C1276"
destination = ""
extendedData = (null)
faultCode = "Channel.Call.Failed"
faultDetail = "NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Failed"
faultString = "error"
headers = (Object)#2
messageId = "5D758FD4-5072-F686-0DF3-B41662EF7CD0"
rootCause = (Object)#3
code = "NetConnection.Call.Failed"
description = "HTTP: Failed"
details = "<a href="https://192.###.###.###:444/samplapp/messagebroker/amf">https://192.###.###.###:444/samplapp/messagebroker/amf"
level = "error"
timestamp = 0
timeToLive = 0

we are using mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel &
mx.messaging.channels.SecureAMFChannel in service config

Thanks In Advance

GnanaPrakasam T.

Re: Prob With Remoteobject Timeout in FlexClient -

fotis.chatzinikos
This is totally and utterly wrong :-) You should not have an RPC call that
queries the DB and returns in 20 minutes or even 2 minutes...

If your calculations are that slow, make a process that precalculates and
saves the results somewhere and then return this via the RPC call...

--
Fotis Chatzinikos, Ph.D.
Founder,
Phinnovation
[hidden email],

Re: Prob With Remoteobject Timeout in FlexClient -

Tom Chiverton-2
On Monday 24 Nov 2008, Fotis Chatzinikos wrote:
> If your calculations are that slow, make a process that precalculates and
> saves the results somewhere and then return this via the RPC call...

Or use one call to (re)start the process, and then access the new results by
polling for them or using a BlazeDS managed collection so it automatically
sees the changes.

--
Tom Chiverton
Helping to advantageously embrace enterprise interdependent magnetic

This email is sent for and on behalf of Halliwells LLP.

Halliwells LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales under registered number OC307980 whose registered office address is at Halliwells LLP, 3 Hardman Square, Spinningfields, Manchester, M3 3EB.  A list of members is available for inspection at the registered office. Any reference to a partner in relation to Halliwells LLP means a member of Halliwells LLP.  Regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority.

CONFIDENTIALITY

This email is intended only for the use of the addressee named above and may be confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee you must not read it and must not use any information contained in nor copy it nor inform any person other than Halliwells LLP or the addressee of its existence or contents.  If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify Halliwells LLP IT Department on 0870 365 2500.

For more information about Halliwells LLP visit www.halliwells.com.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Prob With Remoteobject Timeout in FlexClient -

valdhor-2
If I were trying to do this, I would have the server return a message
to the effect "Process Started Successfully" immediately. Then I would
set up a timer to poll the server to see if the results were available.

--- In [hidden email], "ursprakash6" <ursprakash6@...> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> How to change the default Client Timeout in BlazeDS -Remoteobject
> AMFChannel?
>

> We are developing an Application in Flex, we are using the
> Remoteobject concept to call backend method,
> in that method we are doing some database related manipulation
> operations,it will take 3 to 20 minutes approximately.
> What happening here is remote calling is made successfully and the
> operations are running perfectly in java side,
> but the 5 th minute from the remoteobject call is made,the control is
> returned to flex client[as fault event] and it executing the fault
> event handler method,
> though operation is not finished in backend side[its still running]
>
> how to override this 5 minute timeout to custom time (in my case its
> ~50 minutes)
>
> Please help me out this Friends This  is very urgent
>
> the mesage i'm getting in Faultevent
> (mx.messaging.messages::ErrorMessage)#0
> body = (Object)#1
> clientId = (null)
> correlationId = "D7300EA9-2865-17DF-7157-B411C50C1276"
> destination = ""
> extendedData = (null)
> faultCode = "Channel.Call.Failed"
> faultDetail = "NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Failed"
> faultString = "error"
> headers = (Object)#2
> messageId = "5D758FD4-5072-F686-0DF3-B41662EF7CD0"
> rootCause = (Object)#3
> code = "NetConnection.Call.Failed"
> description = "HTTP: Failed"
> details = "<a href="https://192.###.###.###:444/samplapp/messagebroker/amf">https://192.###.###.###:444/samplapp/messagebroker/amf"
> level = "error"
> timestamp = 0
> timeToLive = 0
>

> we are using mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel &
> mx.messaging.channels.SecureAMFChannel in service config
>

> Thanks In Advance
>

> GnanaPrakasam T.

Re: Prob With Remoteobject Timeout in FlexClient -

erdal-3
Is managed collection available for BlazeDS ?

--- In [hidden email], Tom Chiverton <tom.chiverton@...>
wrote:

> On Monday 24 Nov 2008, Fotis Chatzinikos wrote:
> > If your calculations are that slow, make a process that
precalculates and
> > saves the results somewhere and then return this via the RPC
call...

> Or use one call to (re)start the process, and then access the new
results by
> polling for them or using a BlazeDS managed collection so it
automatically
> sees the changes.
>
> --
> Tom Chiverton
> Helping to advantageously embrace enterprise interdependent
magnetic
> industry-wide bandwidth

> This email is sent for and on behalf of Halliwells LLP.
>
> Halliwells LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in
England and Wales under registered number OC307980 whose registered
office address is at Halliwells LLP, 3 Hardman Square,
Spinningfields, Manchester, M3 3EB.  A list of members is available
for inspection at the registered office. Any reference to a partner
in relation to Halliwells LLP means a member of Halliwells LLP.
Regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority.

> CONFIDENTIALITY
>
> This email is intended only for the use of the addressee named
above and may be confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not
the addressee you must not read it and must not use any information
contained in nor copy it nor inform any person other than Halliwells
LLP or the addressee of its existence or contents.  If you have
received this email in error please delete it and notify Halliwells
LLP IT Department on 0870 365 2500.

> For more information about Halliwells LLP visit www.halliwells.com.

Re: Prob With Remoteobject Timeout in FlexClient -

Roms8313
We ran into the same issue this week, having to send a custom file format as a ByteArray along with some custom mapped AS3 value objects to Zend AMF (knowing the file size can range from 100Ko to over 5Mo and request was systematically shut after 8-9 seconds on a Windows 10 desktop computer).

The solution is in fact to set two properties with the same value on the channel of your RemoteObject.
Let's say you instantiate it programmatically :

var remote : RemoteObject = new RemoteObject("zendamf");

var channel : AMFChannel = new AMFChannel ( "zendamf-application-endpoint", "http://domain.com/services/application/public/amf" );
channel.connectTimeout = 150; // seconds
channel.requestTimeout = 150; // seconds

var channelSet : ChannelSet = new ChannelSet();
channelSet.addChannel(channel);

remote.channelSet = channelSet;
remote.source = "AMF_Service";

Hope this helps !