Socket buffers

vivekmago
I am trying to test the actionscript socket implementation and it
seems like the Progress data event is not dispatched when the server
responds back faster than the player can handle. Is this a known issue
as I am trying to write a small client using the socket API to connect
to a pub/sub system and when the messages coming back increases.. I
start to loose the messages in the player...

Any help would be appreicated...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Socket buffers

EECOLOR
Hello,

as far as i know the progress event fires as soon as the sockets detect data
being in the socket. You could read the data into a byte array if 1 progress
cycle did not contain a complete message for example. Typically however the
sending side should use a buffer and send it as soon as it has a complete
message, then in progress event you can just read out the complete message.
I dont have experience with data being lost.

Greetz Erik