Undo/redo for flex & cairngorm

mydarkspoon
Hello,
I want to implement an undo/redo mechanism into an existing cairngorm app.
I found the flex UndoRedo framework to be quite interesting, but since
it's a framework and the operation of implementing the undo-redo is
quite a lot of work, I'd be really glad to know what people who tried
it think about it.

The flex UndoRedo home:
http://code.google.com/p/flexundoredo/

Thanks a lot !

Almog Kurtser.

Re: Undo/redo for flex & cairngorm

Kaleb Pederson-2
As I'm the author, I'd be interested as well ;).  Since we're on the
topic, I have a couple of related questions to people:

1) Would a non-cairngorm version of the Undo/Redo framework be
useful?
2) Is the GPL License a problem for anybody?

I tried initially to remove any dependence on Cairngorm but wasn't
quite able to do so.  However, it would be almost trivial for me to
create a branch of the first that didn't rely on Cairngorm.

I also stumbled across an article on the ActionScript design
patterns site the other day about using the Memento pattern for
undo/redo:

http://www.as3dp.com/2008/01/24/actionscript-30-memento-design-pattern-encapsulating-saved-states/

I don't find it particularly well suited for that, but it would
actually be a very good way to encapsulate behavior for a single
widget.

Thanks.

--Kaleb

--- In [hidden email], "mydarkspoon" <mydarkspoon@...>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I want to implement an undo/redo mechanism into an existing
cairngorm app.
> I found the flex UndoRedo framework to be quite interesting, but
since
> it's a framework and the operation of implementing the undo-redo
is
> quite a lot of work, I'd be really glad to know what people who
tried
> it think about it.
>
> The flex UndoRedo home:
> http://code.google.com/p/flexundoredo/
>
> Thanks a lot !
>
> Almog Kurtser.

Re: Undo/redo for flex & cairngorm

Meenasha
Hi ,
I downloaded the undoredo Frame work with out cairngorn.
But i dont know how to integrate that with my application.
My application uses a text area to enter text and styles are applied using TextLayoutFormat.
Could u plz tell me how can i make use of this undo frame work in my application.

Please respond to this as soon as posible.

Thanks and Regards,
Meenasha.