Work with Flex Builder became Misson Impossible

Work with Flex Builder became Misson Impossible

Igor Costa-2
Hey Adobe Flex Team please pay attention in this problem

http://www.igorcosta.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/work_or_not.jpg

I wonder how could happen with other users that has less memory than me.

I have installed 2GB RAM, processor 64Bits 1.8Ghz AMD Turion and still have
this.

Lot's of projects opened can't be possible only with 2 or 4 it's a terrible
idea.

I guess you could see using a tiny version of Adobe Flex Builder, my version
is Flex Builder Stand Alone version.

I'd like to know who have passed or has the same problem of mine.

Regards.

--
----------------------------
Igor Costa
www.igorcosta.com

Re: Work with Flex Builder became Misson Impossible

Rogerio Gonzalez
Hi there, Igor,

I Have the same problem. I give up and create an workspace for every
project, so this problem doesn´t happen again.
My initiate with this problema after have 5 projects of test and 2 "big"
projects (around 700Kb compiled).
Then I divide the projects for workspaces and let the tests separated.

Regards

Rogerio

On 10/1/06, Igor Costa <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   Hey Adobe Flex Team please pay attention in this problem
>
> http://www.igorcosta.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/work_or_not.jpg
>
> I wonder how could happen with other users that has less memory than me.
>
> I have installed 2GB RAM, processor 64Bits 1.8Ghz AMD Turion and still
> have this.
>

> Lot's of projects opened can't be possible only with 2 or 4 it's a
> terrible idea.
>

> I guess you could see using a tiny version of Adobe Flex Builder, my
> version is Flex Builder Stand Alone version.
>

> I'd like to know who have passed or has the same problem of mine.
>

> Regards.
>
> --
> ----------------------------
> Igor Costa
> www.igorcosta.com

Work with Flex Builder became Misson Impossible

Bjorn Schultheiss
Possible Fix:
You can use the Krysoft eclipse plugin to do your garbage collection for
you. It even gives you a console to view your mem usage etc.
do an new find and install with the remote site:
http://www.kyrsoft.com/updates/
 <http://www.kyrsoft.com/updates/>

Here's the blog thread on Ted Patrick's blog with some interesting comments
http://www.onflex.org/ted/2006/09/flex-builder-memory-minimize-flex.php

Regards,

Bjorn Schultheiss

  _____

I Have the same problem. I give up and create an workspace for every
project, so this problem doesn´t happen again.
My initiate with this problema after have 5 projects of test and 2 "big"
projects (around 700Kb compiled).
Then I divide the projects for workspaces and let the tests separated.

Regards

Rogerio

www.igorcosta. <http://www.igorcosta.com> com

Re: Work with Flex Builder became Misson Impossible

Igor Costa-2
I've also did the same tips and tricks of your mentions.

Creating separated workspaces for each project isn't a good idea, likewise I
don't have too much time to take switching both of them in my machine.

The goal proposal are, " I could only disable the automatic build". and
keeps a low price of mem usage.

But after I was point out today in morning a Partner in crime "Leo" he told
me to insall as Eclipse Plug-in, and worked.

Adobe Please look at that problem, I can't be very satisfied if Stand Alone
version keeps in large mem usage.

Regards.

--
Igor Costa