Andrew Bourne
Is it possible to load and display animated gifs at runtime?

I have been unsuccessful in using the Loader, SWFLoader or Image
components to display these. Livedocs nor other sites make any mention
of whether this is possible. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Andrew

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: loading animated gifs at runtime

passive_thoughts
I took the official Adobe Flex class back in August and the instructor
told us that animated gifs were not supported.

--- In [hidden email], Andrew Bourne <lists@...> wrote:

> Is it possible to load and display animated gifs at runtime?
>
> I have been unsuccessful in using the Loader, SWFLoader or Image
> components to display these. Livedocs nor other sites make any mention
> of whether this is possible. Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Re: loading animated gifs at runtime

Andrew Bourne
Thanks, though not the answer I was hoping for I can work around it in
this instance.

Cheers,
Andrew

passive_thoughts wrote:

> I took the official Adobe Flex class back in August and the instructor
> told us that animated gifs were not supported.

> --- In [hidden email], Andrew Bourne <lists@...> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to load and display animated gifs at runtime?
>>
>> I have been unsuccessful in using the Loader, SWFLoader or Image
>> components to display these. Livedocs nor other sites make any mention
>> of whether this is possible. Any help would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrew

Re: Re: loading animated gifs at runtime

John Kirby
There is a hack for this:

<http://www.deitte.com/archives/2006/08>

By creating an IFRAME you can load an animated gif.  I did it here:

<http://infinitymedialabs.com/weather/WeatherFlex.html>  Click on Radar.

This is still under construction but check out dieitte's blog... he has
some source to amke it happen

.j

Andrew Bourne said the following:

> Thanks, though not the answer I was hoping for I can work around it in
> this instance.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew
>

> passive_thoughts wrote:
>
>> I took the official Adobe Flex class back in August and the instructor
>> told us that animated gifs were not supported.

>> --- In [hidden email], Andrew Bourne <lists@...> wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to load and display animated gifs at runtime?
>>>
>>> I have been unsuccessful in using the Loader, SWFLoader or Image
>>> components to display these. Livedocs nor other sites make any mention
>>> of whether this is possible. Any help would be much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andrew

/Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right./
 - Henry Ford

Re: Re: loading animated gifs at runtime

Igor Costa-2
Andrew Adobe Flex 2 does not support no more GIF formats, only PNG, 8 up to
32bits and JPG 16 bits.

Due the the render problem for them it's a really easy compared to the
compress engine of GIF format carry's.

Regards

Igor Costa
www.igorcosta.com

Re: Re: loading animated gifs at runtime

Andrew Bourne
As the GIFs I am attempting to display are ads I don't have control over
them to be able to convert them to SWFs, instead I am now adding them to
the html DOM via JS. Seems to be working well at the moment.