pdf in flash/flex alternative to flexpaper?

pdf in flash/flex alternative to flexpaper?

grimmwerks
Does anyone have any recommended ways of bringing pdfs into a flash interface where the user cannot get to the actual pdf file?

Garry Schafer
grimmwerks
[hidden email]
portfolio: www.grimmwerks.com/

Re: pdf in flash/flex alternative to flexpaper?

hamann.w

Hi,

many years ago I successfully converted specific PDFs (they were all created by the same
generator and used a fixed set of fonts and drawing primitives)
The pipeline consisted of ghostscript to translate the pdf into uncompressed,
a perl script to convert the graphic instructions into ming source, and finally the perl
version of ming to create swf.
The resulting file is made of lines, areas, and static text..
Of course text could be reconstructed with the help of a decompiler, but it is possible to
generate the file so that no character / glyph index relation is present

The procedure was a bit tedious, and so the next time the same files were requested,
I built a solution that hooked into the publication process even before pdf generation

Regards
Wolfgang

RES: [flexcoders] pdf in flash/flex alternative to flexpaper?

Jairo França (TGI)
I’m looking for a solution like this.

If someone get it, please tell me.

Thanks.

Re: pdf in flash/flex alternative to flexpaper?

x77686d

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "...where the user cannot get to the actual pdf file?" but you might take a look at http://www.swftools.org/pdf2swf.html

We've had very good luck with pdf2swf minus a little trouble with some PDFs generated from PPT files that used certain background textures.  (Sadly, I don't recall the specifics about those troublesome textures.)

William Mitchell
Research Programmer
School of Information: Science, Technology, and Arts
The University of Arizona

Native Drag and Drop feature in Flash Player

jagan langa
Hi all,

Is there any workaround to enable Native Drag and Drop feature in Apache Flex (Not in AIR)?

If it is not in the hands of Apache Flex, I have raised a feature request in Adobe site to include it in the flash player. Please vote for this feature.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3529257

Best Regards,
S.Jagan Langa  |  Apache Flex(AS3.0) Developer.

________________________________
-The greater danger for most of us is not
that our aim is too high and we miss it,
but that it is too low and we reach it.

Problem changing States

Haridimos Kondylakis
Hello,

I have an AIR client that connects using messaging to a blazeds server.
When a message is received according to the contents in the message I
change the STATE of the window. The problem that I have is the following:
In some computers, although the message is received the UI is not
updated. This only happens the first time a new STATE is loaded and then
it is ok. A trick to resolve this problem is to resize the window 1
pixel each time a message is received. However this is not an acceptable
solution!!

Do you have any ideas on this? It drives me crazy!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

ps. I already tried validateNOW() and invalidateDisplay list when
receiving each message but nothing!